Have you ever considered launching a TikTok marketing strategy? This might be the best time to do it because the website is now getting more visitors than Google! That’s right, this app that features funny dances and memes is now a great place to reach a target audience! As a result, more and more companies want to be present in the application.
If you’re one of those people who hasn’t used the TikTok app, you might not be sure where to start. While your digital marketing campaign could cover Facebook and Twitter, you will need a different take on this platform. Fortunately, you can add it as an effective marketing strategy, and this article can walk you every step of the way!
First, I’ll explain why more and more businesses want to have a TikTok marketing strategy. Next, I’ll show you the many ways this can help promote your brand, from posting the usual on-demand ads to TikTok influencers to do it for you. After that, I’ll go over what you need to do to start this type of marketing for your brand.
How can TikTok help my brand?
Do you think twice before trying a TikTok marketing campaign? Some countries like Ukraine recognize the impact of one of its universities TikTok Faculty!
If you’re still not convinced, you might want to check out more stats and data. Here are the ones you should keep in mind in 2022:
- TikTok has been around since 2017, but it was only in China.
- It’s called Douyin in this country, and more than half of its users were under 24 at the time.
- Application commerce said TikTok had around 837 million monthly active users in the second quarter of 2020.
- According to Global Web Index Q3 2020 data, 18% of internet users worldwide have used TikTok.
- According to Institute of digital marketing, TikTok was available in 154 countries. At that time, a third of its users were in Asia, between the ages of 16 and 64.
- Data TechCrunch says it will have 755 million monthly users in 2022.
- What else, Social media today reported that it could have over 1.5 billion users in the same year!
(Going through @Forbes) https://t.co/7WVH5bGEOz
– TikTok for business (@TikTokBusiness) November 29, 2021
Based on the data, you can see that there are a lot of people going to this platform. This means that you will probably find your target audience there. Otherwise, it’s a great way to find new ones!
Most of its users are young, but more and more adults are learning about TikTok. In other words, this social media platform turns out to be a versatile addition to your marketing campaign!
Read more: More ways to promote your business
Types of TikTok Marketing Methods
If you already have a digital marketing campaign, you know many ways to market your brand on the internet. Facebook and Instagram are good examples.
You can post ads on both social networks depending on your budget. Yet, you can also publish posts like any other user-generated content.
Likewise, you can choose such methods on TikTok. Learn more about which ones you could include in your TikTok marketing strategy:
- TikTok Videos could be the bread and butter of your brand, just like most TikTok users. Most social media platforms have algorithms that determine what content they will highlight for viewers, and this one is no different. Click here to find out how to take advantage of Ti.
- In-Feed Ads are the standard format for TikTok ads, and they allow you to place your ads on the For You page of your target audience. It comes in various forms, such as TikTok Spark announcements which serve as sponsored content. Also you might have Playable ads which allows TikTok users to try out your mobile software in the TikTok app!
- Top view ads are like in-feed ads, but they appear first on the For You feed. If your brand needs visibility, this is a good choice!
- Brand buyout announcements are branded videos that play in full screen when users open the app.
- Brand hashtags are words or phrases starting with the pound sign. They are often used to rank content based on its following trend. You can set a viral trend for your brand, so that it becomes a trending hashtag. Do it right, and the creators and viewers of TikTok will increase your organic traffic for you!
- Brand effects are the graphic texts or icons that you can add to TikTok videos. With your effects on their uploaded videos, users create content for you! These could persuade more people to share your hashtags.
TikTok has more ways to promote products and services, but I can’t put them all on this list! Visit the TikTok Business Help Center for more information.
How do I get started with TikTok for marketing?
Using TikTok marketing strategies is like implementing other digital marketing methods. However, you will probably need to do something different first.
As a business owner, you probably don’t have the time to casually browse social media. Still, you’ll have to do it with TikTok. This is the best way to learn how the platform works!
From this simple act, you will see what the average TikTok user prefers. Also, you will get ideas on how you can create TikTok content for your brand.
After you’ve learned the essentials of how TikTok works, you can take the usual steps to start a digital marketing strategy. Learn more about them below:
- Set goals of your TikTok marketing strategy by determining how it will help your brand. Do you want more people to know more about your products and services? While the social media site can help increase sales, it is best to spread brand awareness.
- Identify your target audience by creating a buyer personality. You might want to create a new one just for TikTok as it has different users than other platforms. Of course, you can just use the demographics you already have.
- Get a TikTok for Business account by activating it on a regular. It’s free and it will give you everything you need to use TikTok for business. These include real-time metrics and trackers for your content. Click here to learn how to get a TikTok business account.
- See what your competitors are doing by looking at their content. Pick at least three to get different perspectives. This will give you more ideas on how to create your branded content.
- Create your first content following the TikTok Community Guidelines. Make sure it’s a cut above the usual user-generated content by enlisting professional help. Also you may want click here for more video advertising tips.
- See how your content is doing using your TikTok business account. It has tabs that will let you know about the people watching it.
- Adjust your content based on what you’ve learned from the metrics. If that didn’t produce the results you wanted, apply what you learned to your next content. If it went well, then find ways to do better.
Still looking for a sign to start your business on TikTok?
– TikTok for business (@TikTokBusiness) December 27, 2021
If you’ve noticed, a TikTok marketing strategy requires constant striving for improvement. If you’re serious about it, you won’t be focusing on this one online channel.
Digital marketing covers all platforms and tools available, from email to social media. Nowadays more and more new ones are appearing, so your campaign should always extend to them.
However, it can be difficult to do it on your own. Fortunately, LeadAdvisors can handle different parts of your marketing campaign. Click here to find out how it can help your business.